Presented by the Immigration Law Committee
Seminar Code: EIM170407
CT: 2.0 CLE Credits
NY: 2.0 CLE Credits (2.0 Professional Practice)
About the Program
With a new administration focused on immigration enforcement and compliance, learn what you need to know to help your clients ensure their I-9 forms are in order if the government comes knocking.
You Will Learn
· About I-9 history and enforcement trends
· An overview & pointers on new Form I-9
· Common errors and how to make corrections
· ICE audits: What to expect if the government comes knocking
· Tips on how to limit employer liability
· Advanced I-9 Topics including remote employees, mergers & acquisitions, etc.
Who Should Attend
Attorneys that focus on immigration
(Includes a light lunch and parking in the public garage at 35 Bank St)
Member $75, Non-Member $150, Student Member $25
Materials for this seminar will be e-mailed to registrants prior to the seminar for download. No paper copies will be prepared. Please note that refunds will not be granted once course materials have been received.
The Connecticut Bar Association/CT Bar Institute is an accredited provider of New York State CLE. This program qualifies for transitional and non-transitional credits. Financial hardship information available upon request