Friday, March 4, 2016
Posted by: Connecticut Bar Association
The Connecticut Bar Association seeks qualified applicants for the following positions:
Administrative Assistants: The Connecticut Bar Association seeks qualified applications for two full-time Administrative Assistant positions as follows:
A) Office Assistant - The assistant will support programs and projects which include mailing, sponsorship and advertising sales calls, member renewal, and publications assistance including management of documents.
B) Meetings Assistant - The assistant will support all aspects of the association’s event production and management. Tasks will include coordination of meeting logistics, booking and coordinating venues, ordering food, giving meal guarantees, generating meeting notices, name badges and registration lists and assist with before and after hour’s meetings.
To be considered for either position, the applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Working with PDF documents, as well as MS Word, MS Office and MS PowerPoint. Essential functionality includes document creation, editing, organization, mail merge and other intermediate to advanced capabilities.
- Entering and maintaining data in web-based online systems including databases, member management systems (or similar) and uploading website content.
- Writing professional communications including letters, emails, memoranda and other communications.
- Editing and proofreading the written work of others.
- Organizing information as well as physical and online materials including preparing parcels for shipment and materials, including
Basic skills and abilities for each position include the ability to:
- Work cooperatively, collaboratively, independently and diplomatically with a variety of groups.
- Work productively and proactively without constant, direct supervision, and to manage time effectively.
- Clearly and in a professionally-friendly manner verbally communicate (in person and by telephone) with employees, members, and vendors.
- Coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and program activities.
- Consistently show initiative and good judgment.
Two years prior experience in the field is required, preferably with member organizations (preferably those with voluntary membership), non-profit associations, or the equivalent. This is an hourly full-time position requiring at least 35 hours per week Monday through Friday typically 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Meetings assistant must have flexibility to support events and activities that may begin as early at 7:30 p.m. or extend into the evening.
Click on the jobs titles to learn more about the positions:
Administrative Assistant: Events
Administrative Assistant: Member Service
CBA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16. Applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.This posting may be amended or withdrawn at any time.
Graphic Designer (Freelance, part time, independent contractor)
The Connecticut Bar Association seeks a part-time freelance graphic designer to assist in layout and design of our 9-issue, 40-page, four color member magazine, the Connecticut Lawyer.
This is a 1099 independent contractor position under the direction of the CBA’s graphic designer. The successful contractor will have at least 1 to 3 years of directly applicable experience and be proficient in Adobe CC 2015 (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) in a MAC environment. For more information and or to provide credentials and design samples or a link to an online portfolio should contact email@example.com.
Applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.This posting may be amended or withdrawn at any time. The Connecticut Bar Association is an equal opportunity employer.
College Interns (May to August)
We are seeking results oriented students for paid summer intern positions to assist with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to data entry, answering phones, processing payments and registrations, processing membership renewals and event registrations, opening and sorting mail, applying payments and depositing checks, greeting members at events, and following up on past–due accounts. We are looking for organized, energetic and detail oriented students who have knowledge of Microsoft office software, can be a team player and work independently, and are positive and energetic.
If this sounds like you please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our education department seeks a summer intern to assist in editing and producing audio and video products and related tasks.
- Supports the Connecticut Legal Conference, by preparing seminar materials, surveys, and sign-in sheets in PDF form, working at the event, and issuing CLE certificates to attendees after the event.
- Maintains compliance records in Excel.
- Supports our CLE On-Demand portal by editing product descriptions.
- Creates audio-only store products, using Drop Box, for recorded CLE programs, including packages for specific practice areas.
Basic skills and abilities include the ability to:
- Use Microsoft Office Suite- Outlook, Excel, Word Adobe PDF s
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to learn e-commerce functions of our member management system.
Ideal skills: mail merge, basic HTML, webinar logistics, and basic audio and video editing.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.This posting may be amended or withdrawn at any time. The Connecticut Bar Association is an equal opportunity employer.