Thank you for your interest in renewing your CBA Membership! Your membership affords you invaluable discounts and benefits that enhance your practice and contribute to your professional development.
Below are the top 10 reasons to renew today:
1. Be a Better Lawyer: Through member-discounted CLE, stay current in your practice area and get the latest on ethics issues and professionalism. Educate yourself through insightful and relevant CBA publications, designed to hone in on various practice settings and offer you an in-depth look at the law in Connecticut and beyond.
2. Access Free Legal Research: With the click of a button, you have easy access to free online legal research-24/7. Log on to ctbar.org and click "Access Casemaker"- it's that simple!
3. Serve as a Leader: Set the pace in the legal community by serving on a task force, committee, or by participating in a CBA section. Publish articles and books through LawFirst Publishing or help produce quality CLE seminars as well.
4. Expand Your Business and Client Base: Stay active in the profession! Through special events, the Annual Meeting, social networking sites, and sections and committees, we provide opportunities to network with colleagues and judges.
5. Have a Voice at the State Capitol: The CBA pursues an ambitious legislative agenda to support or oppose legislation and regulations consistent with the interests of its members. You will have online access to legislative information and activity provided exclusively for members, plus information on how to contact our legislative staff.
6. Stay Informed: Get the advantage! The Connecticut Lawyer magazine and Connecticut Bar Journal delve into the newest legal updates. Stay in the know with what's happening in the legal community through our informative weekly e-newsletter.
7. Impact the Community: The Connecticut Pro Bono Network allows legal professionals to connect with legal aid agencies, while our law-related education programs bring civics education to life for students in Connecticut.
8. Save Big Through Member Discounts: Special vendor relationships deliver discounts on products and services to help you personally and professionally, including insurance discounts, retirement and benefit programs, office supplies and delivery, and travel. Click here to see a list of CBA–provided benefits.
9. Access Our One-Stop Career Center: This online legal job board is your one-stop resource for legal jobs in Connecticut and across the country. Members are able to post their resume for free, visible to hundreds of legal employers. In addition, members can view and apply for legal jobs. Start searching now.
10. Continue the Tradition: For more than 136 years, as the preeminent bar association in the State of Connecticut, the CBA has remained committed to the core values of the legal profession and to assisting our members in their professional lives. Be a part of a strong organization that is dedicated to doing all it can to ensure your success.