The CBA now offers members free and discounted conference room and work space at our Law Center in New Britain. We can serve as temporary or a remote office while you are in the area or a convenient location for meetings with colleagues or clients. We have 9 individual work spaces as well as 6 conference rooms that can be booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Our small conference rooms comfortably accommodate 6 to 10 people, our larger conference rooms accommodate about 30 people each and our seminar rooms seat between 50 and 100 people.
Please call (860)223-4400 to reserve your space.
Program Information and Rules
Our space is free to members for their occasional use (up to 5 hours per month) on a first to reserve basis. Reservations are necessary for meeting space and can be made by phone at (860)223-4400. Additional time may be secured if available for a nominal fee.
- Small conference rooms (maximum of 6-10 people) at $10 per hour
- Large conference rooms (maximum of 20-50 people) at $25 per hour
- Seminar Room (maximum of 100 people) at $35 per hour
- Office cubicle individual workspaces at $10 per hour
- Charges apply for each hour (or partial hour). If we need to assign you to a larger room because a smaller room is in use the lower charge will apply.
- Wifi is included at no charge.
- Food and beverage can be pre-arranged in advance for an additional service charge.
- Photocopy machines and printers are available for a nominal fee.
- Payment by credit card or firm check is expected on the day of the meeting.
- Members may be charged a cleaning or room resetting fee if the room is not returned to meeting-ready condition when you have completed your event.
Hours of Operation: Our regular hours are when the Law Center is open on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Any members using space under this program must depart the building by 4:30 p.m. unless authorized in advance. Extended hours may be available on a case-by-case basis if we have other events in the building.
Additional Program Rules:
- This program is for CBA members only. The CBA member must be present and responsible for his/her guests at the Law Center.
- Space is limited to uses related to the member’s law practice (e.g., meetings, conferences, workspace, depositions and the like).
- Meetings for outside groups or organizations will be subject to pre-approval. The member’s free hours per month will not apply and a reasonable and customary meeting fee will apply on a case by case basis.
- Free hours per month expire each month (there is no carry over of hours).
- The CBA may change the rules or guidelines of this program or add rules at any time.
Q: Can I just stop by if I am in the neighborhood and need someplace to work for a couple of hours?
A: Yes. Although we recommend calling to make sure space is available for you.
Q: Is the space available to non-Members?
A: No, we ask that a member be present if you would like to use our space and that it be for a purpose related to your professional practice.
Q: Can we bring-in food to our meetings or events?
A: Yes. We can provide you with names of reputable caterers or you may bring in your own food at your own expense (you pay the provider directly). We can also arrange food for you with sufficient advance notice (24 hours at least) for an additional service charge.
Q: Are support services such as meeting coordinator, clerical or secretarial service available?
A: No. Unfortunately we do not have sufficient staffing to offer these services.