June 17, 2021
4:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time)
The Hot Topics Track
Presented by the Elder Law Section
About the Program
Over the course of the past year, COVID-19 has cast nursing homes and other living facilities into the spotlight. State of Connecticut’s Long Term Care Ombudsman Mairead Painter and Attorney Julia M. Brown will discuss the rights of residents and effective methods of advocating for residents from nursing home admission through to discharge.
You Will Learn
- The nursing home admission process—tips and traps for the unwary
- About bed holds and readmissions —why protecting that nursing home bed is critical
- The importance of care plan meetings – the key to getting good care
- About discharges —wrongful discharge, advocacy steps to delay discharge, and ensuring safe discharge
- About advocacy in assisted living facilities and nursing homes and how they differ
- About COVID-19 related guidance and any current State Executive Orders
Who Should Attend
Elder law attorneys, estate planning attorneys, general practitioners, or anyone who may have aging family who is or will be entering skilled nursing facilities or assisted living facilities.
CLE Credit: 2.0 CT (General); 2.0 NY (AOP)