February 26, 2019
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
CBA Law Center
30 Bank St
Presented by the Young Lawyers Section
About the Program
Learn about the nuances of arbitration and get practical pointers for success from four experienced arbitrators and attorneys. The program will cover arbitration from the drafting of an agreement to the confirmation of an award.
You Will Learn
- About the interplay between the Federal Arbitration Act and Connecticut Law
- About the Uniform Arbitration Act
- Procedures and strategies for compelling arbitration
- The implications of various terms in the arbitration agreement, choosing an arbitrator, and strategies for the arbitration hearing
- About potential issues when trying to confirm or vacate an arbitration award
Who Should Attend
Any attorney who regularly or occasionally arbitrates, or any attorney interested in becoming familiar with the nuances of arbitration.
(Includes electronic materials*, dinner, and parking in the public garage at 35 Bank St)
Student Member $15
CT: 2.0 CLE Credits (General)
NY: 2.0 CLE Credits (AOP)
The Connecticut Bar Association/CT Bar Institute is an accredited provider of New York State CLE. This program qualifies for transitional and non-transitional credits. Financial hardship information available upon request.
*Electronic materials are included in the price of the seminar. Any materials for this seminar will be e-mailed to registrants prior to the seminar for download. No paper copies will be provided unless purchased separately. Please note that refunds will not be granted once course materials have been sent. Cancellations made less than 2 business days prior to event are non-refundable.
Member Service Center