March 10, 2020
12:00 PM to 2:45 PM
The Waters Edge at Giovanni's
2748 Boston Post Rd
Presented by the Professional Ethics Committee
About the Program
Learn about the most common ethical and risk management pitfalls for in-house counsel, including those relating to technology.
You Will Learn
- Who is the client?
- Confidentiality and privilege
- Duty to report misconduct
- About conflicts and meeting the duty of loyalty
- Communications outside the company and outsourcing
- Admissible information from mediations
- Communications with unrepresented parties both inside and outside of the company
- Requirements for Authorized House Counsel certification in Connecticut and avoiding UPL exposure in Connecticut and throughout the world
- Ethical and risk management risks of technology
Who Should Attend
All in-house counsel needing a primer on ethical concerns.
(Includes lunch and electronic materials*)
Student Member $50
CT: 2.0 CLE Credits (Ethics)
NY: 2.0 CLE Credits (Ethics)
The Connecticut Bar Association/CT Bar Institute is an accredited provider of New York State CLE. This program qualifies for transitional and non-transitional credits. Financial hardship information available upon request.
*Electronic materials are included in the price of the seminar. Any materials for this seminar will be e-mailed to registrants prior to the seminar for download. No paper copies will be provided. If the seminar is recorded, all member registrants will receive complimentary access to the recording approximately six weeks after the program. Please note that refunds will not be granted once course materials have been sent. Cancellations made less than 2 business days prior to event are non-refundable.
Member Service Center