March 24, 2020
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
CBA Law Center
30 Bank St
Presented by the Young Lawyers and ADR Sections
About the Program
This program is designed to educate trial counsel about the basics and fine points of representing clients in a mediation process that will successfully engage client and counsel to reach a resolution, without risk and accomplishing objectives beyond those obtainable through a litigated outcome.
You Will Learn
- How to find identify and select skilled mediators in Connecticut and New England
- How to perform and prepare as counsel for the mediation process
- How to prepare with the mediator
- The essential theories and concepts of mediation practice in a civil dispute
- Sources of qualified mediation professionals and provider agencies
- Opportunities to continue development of mediation skills through reference materials
Who Should Attend
Attorneys with an interest in learning about mediations.
(Includes dinner, electronic materials, and parking in the public garage at 35 Bank St)
Student Member $15
CT: 2.0 CLE Credits (General)
NY: 2.0 CLE Credits (AOP)
The Connecticut Bar Association/CT Bar Institute is an accredited provider of New York State CLE. This program qualifies for transitional and non-transitional credits. Financial hardship information available upon request.
*Electronic materials are included in the price of the seminar. Any materials for this seminar will be e-mailed to registrants prior to the seminar for download. No paper copies will be provided unless purchased separately. If the seminar is recorded, all member registrants will receive complimentary access to the recording approximately six weeks after the program. Please note that refunds will not be granted once course materials have been sent. Cancellations made less than 2 business days prior to event are non-refundable.
Member Service Center