November 13, 2018
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
CBA Law Center
30 Bank St
Presented by The Education Law Section
About the Program
Online programs and applications play an increasingly significant role in K-12 education. Schools need to strike a balance between innovative classroom practices and student privacy. Get an update on the latest developments in federal and state law on student privacy, and discuss current resources and practices used by Connecticut schools
You Will Learn
- What information schools, the state, and the federal government are collecting on students.
- What information can be permissibly shared with third party providers.
- How student data is used.
- How student data must be protected
- Rights parents have to refuse the collection of student data.
- About recourse for parents if student privacy is violated.
- Best practices for schools to protect student data.
Who Should Attend
Any attorney interested in learning about student privacy issues.
(Includes a light breakfast, electronic materials*, and parking at the public garage at 35 Bank St)
Education Section Member $99
Student Member $15